SPHINX Online Workshop: SPHINX@HEALTHSECURITY
Following the final stages of SPHINX Toolkit testing in the pilot sites, the project organised its fourth workshop titled ‘SPHINX@HEALTHSECURITY’. The workshop took place virtually on Thursday, 24 February 2022 at 14:00 CET. The context is closely linked to healthcare top management and cybersecurity practitioners and IT experts who work on Healthcare Organisations. Participation was free of charge.
Based on the project’s work plan, the SPHINX proposed technology has been evaluated in simulated operating conditions in four Health Delivery Organisations across three European countries. The pilot sites are:
- The General University Hospital of Larissa & the General Hospital of Volos under the jurisdiction of the 5th Regional Health Authority of Thessaly and Sterea in Greece;
- The Hospital do Espírito Santo de Évora in Portugal; and
- The Polaris Medical Hospital in Romania
The event was dedicated to the outcomes of the SPHINX prototype testing in the above-mentioned pilot sites. That is, the main part of the workshop included keynote presentations regarding the 3 pilot scenarios in which the components of the developed Toolkit have been deployed and assessed. In this context, the workshop also addressed the perspective of the Healthcare ICT domain regarding the pilot deployment which revolves around the lessons learnt throughout the process, best practices and key recommendations derived, as well as the actions taken in preparation for the pilot deployment like surveys and training for the ICT staff of the pilot sites.
Furthermore, SPHINX@HEALTHSECURITY featured an overall technical presentation of the developed Toolkit providing information on its architecture, its components and their functionalities as well as the operating modes of SPHINX. Finally, the workshop entailed a presentation about the exploitation options envisioned for the key results of the SPHINX Toolkit as well as its business model.
The recorded workshop sessions are available to watch on-demand at the project’s YouTube channel:
Welcome and Opening Speech – Dr Christos Ntanos of Decision Support Systems Laboratory, School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National Technical University of Athens (NTUA)
Session 1: SPHINX Toolkit Prototype – Stylianos Karagiannis of Projecto Desenvolvimento Manutenção Formação e Consultadoria Lda (PDMFC)
Session 2: SPHINX Pilot Sites
• Intra-region Hospital Communication – Athanasios Tzikas of University General Hospital of Larissa, 5th Regional Health Authority of Thessaly & Sterea (DYPE5)
• Cross-border Hospital Communication – Sergiu Marin of Polaris Medical Hospital
• Remote Patient Care & Monitoring – Marco Manso of EDGE
• Healthcare ICT Perspective – Dr Fotios Gioulekas of 5th Regional Health Authority of Thessaly & Sterea (DYPE5)
Session 3: Exploitation of SPHINX Toolkit Key Outcomes – Vassilis Voularakis of ViLabs