SPHINX Exploitation Workshop
Date: Monday, February 1st, 2021
Location: Online Zoom Call
ViLabs organized and coordinated an interactive SPHINX exploitation workshop, as a joint effort to elaborate on actions for maximizing the exploitation, sustainability, and business potential of the project’s key exploitable outcomes.
Within the framework of the foreseen exploitation activities stated in D8.7 Exploitation, Sustainability & Business Plans v2, more than 20 consortium members participated in the SPHINX Exploitation Workshop, organized by ViLabs. The primary workshop objective was to familiarise the partnership with exploitation and sustainability terms and instruct guidelines for developing an effective strategy to exploit the SPHINX outcomes, individually and as a consortium.
ViLabs, as the WP8 Dissemination, Sustainability & Exploitation responsible beneficiary, designed the workshop on M25 of the third and final year of the SPHINX project, by presenting the following Workshop Agenda;
- Exploitation & Sustainability Expectations and Obligations (10’): Partners were instructed on exploitation and sustainability terms while pointing out exploitation obligations.
- SPHINX Exploitable Outcomes (5’): The main SPHINX exploitable outcomes were presented as defined in GA, D8.4, and D8.7.
- SPHINX Exploitation Goals (10’): Demonstration of SPHINX exploitation goals for all exploitable outcomes.
- Planning Y3 Activities (5’): Setting the plan for Y3 exploitation activities, as stated in D8.7.
- Open Discussion on Exploitation Activities (45’): During the open discussion, all partners shared their thoughts on potential last-year exploitation actions.
During the open discussion, partners elaborated on potential exploitation activities. Some of the issues that were discussed: a) the potential of releasing some components as open source, b) the development of demo short videos about the components, c) the improvement of educational infrastructures through the knowledge that was generated in SPHINX, d) the development of policy briefs, replication guidelines, best practices and lessons learned through the implementation of the pilot activities, e) synergies, f) further funding opportunities, g) sharing project results on Horizon Results Platform, h) scientific publications, etc. To receive further feedback, after the workshop completion, a follow-up questionnaire was sent to the attendees.