CUREX 1st International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Healthcare
Date: 14 October 2019
Location: MET HOTEL, 26is Oktovriou 48, Thessaloniki 546 27, Greece
On October 14th, 2019, H2020 project CUREX organized its first International Workshop on Security and Privacy in Healthcare (SPH), in Thessaloniki, Greece. The SPH workshop was held in the context of the 18th International Conference on Web Intelligence conference (WI’19).
The sister-project featured Prof. Vagelis Papakonstantinou of Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) as a key note speaker. Being a member of SPHINX Consortium Prof. Papakonstantinou informed the attendees about the significant meaning that healthcare carries in legal, ethical and security context and how SPHINX is projected to contribute to the domain of cyber-security of healthcare providers.
Opening: Prof. Christos Xenakis, University of Piraeus
- Keynote I: “What makes security and privacy in healthcare special?”, by Prof. Vagelis Papakonstantinou, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- CUREX: seCUre and pRivate hEalth data eXchange, by Farnaz Mohammadi, Angeliki Panou, Christoforos Ntantogian, Eirini Karapistoli, Emmanouil Panaousis, Christos Xenakis
- Where is the Risk? Analysis of Government Reported Patient Medical Data Breaches, by Suzanna Schmeelk
- Keynote II: “Collecting Everyday Data to Support Vulnerable Populations: Challenges, Issues and Caveats”, by Prof. Panagiotis Bamidis, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- BARRETT: BlockchAin Regulated REmote aTTestation, by Michail Bampatsikos, Christoforos Ntantogian, Christos Xenakis, Stelios C. A. Thomopoulos
- SEEDSMINER: Accurate URL Blacklist-Generation Based on Efficient OSINT Seed Collection, by Yasuyuki Tanaka, Shingo Kashima
For more information about SPHINX participation on the event read here.